8.9.15

My Ministers, a Must This Month – President Buhari

President Muhammadu Buhari, yesterday, dismissed insinuations of his plans to defer the formation of a cabinet, as he insisted that his ministerial nominees would be unveiled this month.Speaking in Aburi, Ghana, the President also reassured Nigerians and the international community that the Boko Haram insurgency was being brought to its knees with the confinement of the insurgents to Sambisa Forest.
The President spoke at a joint press conference with his host, President John Dramani Mahama of Ghana, who also disclosed that both countries had worked out strategies to jointly stem corruption.
Responding to a question on his delayed formation of a federal cabinet, Buhari said: “After I was sworn in, I said I will have my cabinet in September. I expect that Nigerians should ask me questions after September 30 if I do not do so.”
The delay in the appointment of ministers had raised dust across Nigeria. Buhari’s 100 days after inauguration is the longest period since the advent of the Fourth Republic that a President has operated without a cabinet.
In the interim, the President has been receiving briefings on the state of the Ministries, Departments and Agencies, MDAs.

No comments:

Post a Comment