3.12.15

Nick Cannon Gushes About 'Awesome' Ex-Wife Mariah Carey

In an interview with his former America’s Got Talent co-star Howard Stern on Wednesday, Cannon had nothing but love for Carey, whom he split with in 2014 after six years of marriage.The couple share custody of 4-and-a-half-year-old twins Moroccan and Monroe, and have moved on to new romantic loves: billionaire James Packer (her) and, reportedly, model Winnie Harlow (him).
For proof of their post-split civility, Canon reported the “beautiful” Turkey Day gathering included “no bad words,” adding, “[Mariah’s] awesome!"
Australian businessman Packer didn’t attend the celebration, but it wasn’t because Carey’s beau of five months wasn’t welcome.
"He wasn’t there,” Cannon said, noting that Thanksgiving is an American holiday. “I wanted him to be there. I look forward to hanging out with him."
Stern was dubious of Cannon’s story, but the 35-year-old reassured him the amicable relationship is for real.
"It was amazing! We’re family, Howard,” Cannon said. “And then, this is the thing, at the end of the night, my son was like, ‘Yeah, I want to go with you’ and my daughter was like, 'I’ll see you tomorrow. Come pick me up in the morning.’ So me and my son had boys’ night and we went back to the house."
Although Cannon didn’t get a chance to hang out with Packer then, the actor already has good vibes about him.
"As long as she’s happy and my children are happy, I’m happy,” Cannon said.
Stern asked whether divorce could be a good thing, and Cannon was clear.
“It can be when you’re mature about it,” Cannon answered. “I mean, there’s still love and respect involved, so it’s not really about, you know, 'Oh, what I get, what you get,’ it was just like, 'No, let’s figure this out.’"
One thing Cannon is also figuring out is his health. In 2012, he was diagnosed with the autoimmune disease Lupus after suffering kidney failure and was hospitalized for exhaustion in July.
"I thought I was a healthy guy, and when they found out that my immune system was constantly attacking my kidneys, they had to get my kidneys back working again,” Cannon said. “I got a lot of pulmonary embolisms because of it, because my blood gets thick. I fly so much that I would get all these blood clots and stuff in my heart and my lungs. It was real serious, and it’s brought on by stress.”
Stern suggested his friend try transcendental meditation. “I’ve been trying that, but I’ve got [Attention Deficit Disorder] too,” Cannon explained with a laugh.

At least he can count on a low-stress relationship with Carey!

No comments:

Post a Comment