2.3.16

Adele In Surprise Visit To Sick Girl's Bedside

Adele has made a seriously-ill fan's dream come true after she paid a surprise visit to her at home.The singer, who was in Belfast for a concert, said 'hello' to 12-year-old superfan Rebecca Gibney who is blind, tube-fed, can't walk or talk, and has cerebral palsy and epilepsy.
The star sat beside Rebecca in her bed and was "so nice", according to the child's mother Tracy Gibney, from the Short Strand area of the city.
Ms Gibney had started a campaign last year in an attempt to persuade Adele to send the girl a video message, speak to her over the internet or even meet her.
She said Adele's manager telephoned her when she was in her hairdresser and said the star wanted to meet the youngster.
"Adele was in my house, sitting on my hospital bed, Adele was in the Short Strand.
"It all started months and months ago, I set up the page for Rebecca to meet Adele. I got the manager's email and I emailed her four months ago and she said to leave it with her.
"I did not hear anything back and last night I sent another email.
"I was sitting in the hairdresser today and the manager called and said Tracy it's Adele's manager I am getting back to you because Adele has seen your Rebecca's pictures and she was very emotional and she wants to come and meet your daughter.
She added: "I shouted at the hairdresser, 'Get this off my head I need to go', I wanted to keep it private.
"It is unbelievable her dream has come true. Adele was just so nice."
Rebecca was too ill to go to the Belfast concert but Adele offered Ms Gibney and her family tickets for the gig.

No comments:

Post a Comment