15.11.17

Sirlex Drops New Video For Hit Single "International Girl" + Exclusive Interview


Fast rising Nigerian singer/rapper and Ago/Okota's  hottest act of the moment, Chukwuemeka Obinna Charles aka; SIRLEX, Finally drops the video of his second hit single "International girl" few months after his first banger, "Desire" where he featured Niyola and Koker of Chocolate city records.
JDB team had an exclusive interview with the superstar, and we were able to ask him some questions about his musical career, the music industry and many more.
below is the interview, read and enjoy!!!
Q. How did you come up withyour stage name, SIRLEX, WHO IS SIRLEX?
RESPONSE. How I came up with the name SIRLEX! Well, I feel if you want to call my name, you have to call my name with respect.. Laughs! I had to add d SIR to my name that even when an elder calls me, there would be this atom of respect calling my name. And the LEX,my middle name is Charles, so I picked the last three letters LES, and alternated the S with X and it becomes Sirlex!
Q. Sirlex you just dropped the video of your latest hot single INTERNATIONAL GIRL. A massive hit and a colourful Video, what was the whole inspiration behind the project?

RESPONSE. After I dropped my first single desire where I featured koker and the very beautiful niyola. A very big shout out too you guys, big ups! I started gaining lots of credit both local and international. I won't mention names, but there's this special girl from the USA who really showed me so much love and also supported me in almost all I was doing back then. Far long before I dropped my latest song, and she's still there for me. I don't know what tomorrow may bring but right now, she's the shadow behind my journey thus far. And then I decided I do a song for all my international female fans everywhere they are, because they have really been supportive and active as well in my music career. Much love to all of them, no matter their skin color.
Q. After your first single desire, and then your latest song International girl in quick succession, do you see yourself as a driving force in the music world? RESPONSE. The only thing I can rightly say presently is "people should be aware and be careful how they look at me" where I come from, you have to be oscropulos if you must achieve certain things. I don't have to walk up to you directly to tell you who I am, but with time, y all get to know me. There are lot of things you are yet to see and hear from me, which of course by God's grace I will get to the epitome of the business and make an indelible imprint in the industry. I really aspire to be like the likes of wizkid and davido because, personally I feel they are both NIGERIA'S best export in music and entertainment presently.
Q. What do you think music can do for you?
RESPONSE.
This is a very good question, I must say. wow!! Music can do a lot for me. Music can heal my soul, it can also heal your soul. Music can communicate and connect the world. Personally I can connect the whole world from my closet through music, most importantly, must unites people, music changes people, and music empowers people too. Yo are bound to make real money through music, oh yes! But mostly if your act is right, and if the audience can relate with you tune. I have really gained a lot through music as a person.

No comments:

Post a Comment